Winning is not everything, but making the effort to win is.
As a part of the curriculum, “Carmel’s Sports club” was successfully inaugurated on 07.06.19 by our Honourable Chairman Mr. L. Devadass Samuel. The guests were honoured by the President of the club, Mr.Sampath. The club members were introduced by the Secretary, Mr. Charles. The Chief guest addressed the gathering and motivated the students to participate enthusiastically in club activities. Our Correspondent emphasizes the importance of sports and particularly empowers the girls to participate in games.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CLUB:
Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
As a sports club, it has the responsibility to develop the self-discipline and sportsmanship in students.
- Make the students to excel in sports
- Motivates the students to take part in the games actively
- Develop the positive attitude and sportsmanship
MOTTO OF THE CLUB:
The motto of the club is “Discipline through Sports”
The club plans the following activities:
- Classes from 1 – 12 has been divided into three categories.
- Each category will be assigned a game for a month.
- For the first two weeks, they will be introduced to the rules & regulations of the game.
- Next two weeks they will be given practice.
- This process will be followed in a cyclic order separately for boys and girls.
- At the end of each month, a sports meet will be conducted to give the students a platform to exhibit their talents.
Quiz club was inaugurated on 06.06.19 by Dr.Y. PARVAS SHARIF,
Asst. Professor, PG & RESEARCH DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH,
JAMAL MOHAMED COLLEGE (Autonomous),
Inauguration of our Club:
- Quizzing is the art of the intellect. General knowledge contributes to personal enrichment and a better understanding of the world as a whole.
- On the Inauguration day we are going to explain our plans and proposed work.
- We are going to motivate our children to know the importance of real world activities.
Objectives of Quiz club:
- The quiz club is to update the knowledge of the students in various fields like academic, General knowledge, analytic abilities , quantitative reasoning etc.,
- Our ultimate goal is to prepare the students for the various competitive exams and also make themselves presently updated.
- We are going to impart well researched facts, many adding to what the child already knows.
- We are going to use the specially designed exercises to help the reader learn by doing
- Snippets providing information, explanations and hints.
- Maintaining a diary with the various information gathered under the heading like Science, social, mathematics ,computer technology , awards etc.,
- To enable their logical, reasoning and competitive skills by conducting group activities.
Literary Club Inaugurated on 04.06.19 by the Correspondent, Mrs. Pakia Jothi Devadass. All the students will be involved in the Literary club activities.
Objectives of Literary club:
- The aim of the Literary club is to inculcate the love for language among students.
- It will be a platform to correlate their thoughts into words.
- The club will provide a platform for the students to develop their vocabulary and in depth knowledge of English language.
- The club’s objective is to focus on all the skills (LSRW) through various activities.
- Debating: The club encourages students to think independently and bring the thoughts into words.
- Speech and Drama: To promote communication skills of the students through team work.
- The Literary club will help the students to shape their inner self, and nurture the creative thirst among them.